Why Your City?
When churches, non-profits, para-church organizations, marketplace and government leaders work together to solve the spiritual, physical, and social needs of the city, they earn the right to share the Gospel.
Meeting, learning and networking together for a common cause brings energy and synergy. Let’s shine the light on note-worthy urban initiatives of churches and faith-based agencies then build on their efforts.
By focusing on the large influential cities of the world, we can achieve the same kind of exponential growth and impact on modern culture as the Apostle Paul did in his day.
Why Get Involved?
THE WORLD IS URBAN
- 12 million people move into large cities every month
- By 2050, nearly 70% of the world’s population will live in cities
WE ARE THE INFLUENCERS
- The largest 50 global cities have more than 700 million people
- 10% of the global population strongly influences the world’s 6 billion people
DIVISION BREEDS ATHEISM
- Most cities, churches, and faith based agencies operate in silos
- 90% attend church with people only of their own ethnicity
- The fastest growing religious segment in global cities is “none”
BATTLES ARE WON HERE
- Paul’s evangelism strategy focused on the leading cities of his day
- Christianity grew chiefly by impacting the cities of the Roman Empire
CREATE AN IMPACT
- Collaborations between church, non-profit, marketplace, and government leaders are developed
- Working together, Christians earn the right to share the Gospel by serving the physical and social needs of the city