The Power of Authentic Communities in our Cities
The chaotic, fast paced, transient, and individualistic culture of our cities results in many people feeling fragmented, lonely and isolated. Compounded by the prevalence of social media and virtual connections, many long for authentic relationships and a sense of rootedness.
Everyday believers can offer real hope to a lonely culture as we live and minister interdependently as bands of friends and teams. In this track, we will explore what it takes to build a community shaped by the presence of Jesus. We will present real models of dynamic Christ-like communities within the marketplace, in urban neighborhoods, and among young adults that are touching lives and bringing transformation.
This Track is for:
- Ministry Leaders who desire to model their faith and empower believers as they band together where they live, work, and play throughout our cities.
- To ignite leaders with a vision for Gospel Movements, birthed from Christ-infused communities of friends; built where people live, work and play; and resulting in transformed lives and cities.
- To develop strategies to equip, empower, release, and coach teams of ministry leaders and small bands of believers bonded in friendship to live out and articulate their faith resulting in changed lives and communities.
- To present models of dynamic Christ-like communities offering real hope within the marketplace, young adults communities, and in urban neighborhoods.
- To cultivate an interactive session where leaders determine take-aways and next steps for modeling their faith and empowering believers to band together in Christ-indwelled communities throughout their cities.
||Bob Adgate, J.D., National Director-Metro Mission, The Navigators, Washington, D.C.|
Bob serves as a Vice President and National Director of The Navigators Metro Mission. Bob oversees the 575 Navigator Metro Mission staff who are advancing the Gospel of Jesus and Kingdom into our cities and communities across the U.S. Bob, and his wife, Ronda, live and work in Washington, DC. Bob has previously served as The Navigators National Director for b2g (a ministry to those in their twenties), lead the Navigators Detroit Metro Mission, and worked as an attorney.
Cheryl Meredith, Ph.D., National Metro Leadership Team Member, The Navigators, Colorado Springs, CO
Cheryl served for 9 years on the National Leadership Team as the Senior Vice President of Human Resources and Missions, and Chief Human Resource Officer. She had overall responsibility for the Navigator missionaries in USIMG, Corporate Human Resources, People Resources, National Staff Training and Development, and their National Leader Development process. Currently Cheryl lives in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and is a member of the Metro Leadership Team focused on developing leaders and teams.
TRACK DESIGN TEAM MEMBERS:
||National Director-Metro Mission, The Navigators|
||National Metro Leadership Team Member, The Navigators |